Spaceman Effects has today launched its new Delta II optical harmonic tremolo. If you want a great-sounding organic tremolo effect then this could be the one for you. Just be aware, that it is already fast selling out!
Spaceman Effects Delta II
Anyone that follows Spaceman Effects will know how desirable their pedals are and as ever this new Delta II is already selling out fast online, even though it was only launched today.
The pedal itself is an optical harmonic tremolo and comes with a unique Voice switch which allows users to get some truly great tones from this pedal. The Delta II is described as having a novel LFO that enables it to create harmonic, and traditional tremolo sounds that will stagger, hop, buzz, ripple, and swirl.
Spaceman Effects Delta II Features
- Smooth and lush all-analog signal path, with 3 distinct voices
- Harmonic or traditional tremolo with a twist of the LAG control
- Wide-range LFO capable of slow pulsation to audio-rate madness
- Flexible filtering for deep and expressive tones
- 18V capable for high headroom use cases
- Selectable Expression / CV control of DEPTH or RATE
- Internal VOLUME trim-pot for precise level matching
- Fixed Filter for tone shaping with DEPTH at minimum
The pedal’s simple control interface consists of that Voice switch, plus Depth, Freq, Rate, LFO plus two smaller Lag and Res controls. But don’t be fooled as this pedal can coax complex, organic-sounding tremolos. I’ve linked a few demo videos below so that you can hear it in action.
Be quick, or lose out
Well, worth a look if you like good quality effects, but you’ll need to be quick as the Red and Blue versions have sold out already. Each pedal is hand-wired and built in Portland, Oregon, the Delta II also features true-bypass relay switching with a soft-touch footswitch.
Personally, I think the price of $229 is pretty reasonable for this great pedal and I suspect they will be very popular with all the tone chasers. It looks like it is built like a tank and should last you a lifetime.
You can check out the full specifications of the new Delta II from the link below.
RRP – USD 229